Monday 24 March 2014

Having Braces!

From when I had my first appointment with my orthodontist to the day I got them off, my teeth have changed dramatically. 
To be honest, braces were most definitely not as bad as I thought they were going to be. The process of getting them on was painless, mostly it just felt weird and it just took quite a while. I found that once I got used to having braces, they weren’t all that bad. I felt quite grown up being able to smile with braces and I never felt conscious of how they might look, because I knew that in the long run it was worth it. Plus quite a few people I knew had braces at the same time as me. 
When I finally got my braces off, I was extremely happy. My teeth were unbelievably smooth and straight, I felt like they weren’t my teeth. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror, they looked like they were too straight, white and false to be mine. But I was over the moon with my new smile. Even though I have to wear a small retainer, I couldn’t be happier and I am so incredibly thankful that I had braces. 


Tips
1.  Remember to clean your teeth and listen to your dentist, so don't eat anything they say not to.
2. Dont worry. The process of getting the braces on and off was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.. Getting them off, was painless, if anything it was pressure on my teeth. Take my advice, you have nothing to worry about.

3. For the first week that you have your braces, you will only be able to eat mainly liquids. This is the perfect opportunity to eat lots of ice cream and jelly!



I mean no matter how strange you look with braces, in the big picture, you only have them for a small slice of your life, and you'll end up with wonderful results.

Isla x

( white teeth teen )


No comments:

Post a Comment